Like many others, I grew up reading the stories Curious George! As a parent, I’ve added a handful of Curious George books to the library of my own children and love being able to bond with my little ones over their favorite characters such as George and the Man in the Yellow Hat!
We were thrilled when presented with the opportunity to attend the opening of the Curious George: Let’s get Curious! exhibit at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City! Not only was it National Curiosity Day, it was also the 75th anniversary of George’s debut!
Curious George: Let’s get Curious! exhibit
The exhibit allows visitors to explore familiar buildings and more from the Curious George books and TV series on PBS Kids. There are tons of hands-on activities that encourage little visitors to learn like Curious George does! Woven throughout the exhibit are activities that present concepts in science, math, and engineering, and promote problem-solving. Activities allow curious minds to:
- Operate wheels and pulleys to move curious George in the apartment building. Then climb up the fire escape and go inside to experiment with color light and shadow.
- Play three holes of minigolf and pot your way through physics and engineering lessons using pipes, ramps, and funnels.
- Jump aboard the space rocket that curious George took on his outer space adventure and pose for a photo. Then slide down to control center where you can email your picture back home.
- Stop at the sidewalk produce stand to explore shape, sorting, waiting, and counting with fruits and vegetables as you role-play as the customer or sales person.
- Take a vacation to the country and visit the farm to care for the animals and explore cause and effect were using when power, wind socks, and whirligigs!
- Hug a full size Curious George in the city park. Toddlers will especially enjoy the park’s busy wall activities.
- Check out the construction site and climb into the trailer to design your building then choose from a variety of materials and actually build it.
- Visit the museum within the museum to learn more about curious George and original manuscripts daring escape from Europe during WWII.
Plan a visit!
The Curious George: Let’s get Curious! exhibit will be at the Liberty Science Center now through January 8, 2017! The exhibit is included with general admission tickets. Museum members and children under two are free! Learn more on the LSC website!
Meet Curious George!
Visitors can meet Curious George at the Science Center on October 1, November 11, November 25, December 28, and December 29! Check at the Welcome Desk for location and specific times to meet George. Come take photos with him and give him a hug!
Enter to win!
Enter to win four (4) General Admission tickets for your family using the form below! This giveaway ends on September 30th ath 11:59PM, ET! Good luck!
Disclosure: Momma T and Family was provided with admission in exchange for coverage. Thank you JerseyMomsMedia and the Liberty Science Center for hosting! All opinions are hers alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will be good for readers.