Chances are you or someone you know has dealt with bladder leakage. My bladder leakage problems started in my first pregnancy. I was thirty-something weeks along and suddenly felt a rush. Did my water break? No. My doctor told me that incontinence was quite common in pregnancy. My problems didn’t stop once my daughter was born though! Postpartum urinary incontinence is a form of stress incontinence and there were times I would leak when I sneezed, coughed, or even laughed! I had to work through my bladder leakage issues by taking certain steps. Here are some tips that helped me and can possibly help others relieve and control bladder leakage symptoms:
- Do pelvic floor exercises such as Kegels! It can help reduce and control leakage.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and high impact exercises. These types of movements can put strain and/or pressure on your pelvic floor muscles.
- Treat constipation ASAP so that your bowels don’t put pressure on your bladder and make leakage worse.
- Drink a lot of water! At one point I was reducing my fluid consumption but that’s actually a bad thing becasue it makes incontinence worse by reducing your bladder’s capacity.
- Use Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs for women which offers moderate absorbency bladder leakage protection.
Depend is for people of all ages and provides discreet products that help people regain their freedom and get their lives back. Bladder leakage is a condition that affects millions of people so if you are experiencing it, please know that you are not alone! There are actually more people with bladder leakage that are in their 20’s than their 80’s. The average age of someone with bladder leakage is only 52! Let’s break down the stigma associated with this condition!
Depend has recently introduced Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs which is a new moderate-absorbency brief. It features a thin design for complete comfort and the trusted protection of the Depend brand. Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs have a lower rise for an underwear-like look, fit and feel and and are smooth under clothes. is available in black and beige colors.
Depend is entering year two of the #Underwareness social movement and charitable cause to break down the bladder leakage stigma. The Depend brand is encouraging everyone to show their support for women with bladder leakage and for every photo and video featuring Depend products shared using the #Underwareness hashtag, Depend will donate $1, up to $3 million, through 2016 to fund charities that advance the research and education of bladder leakage.
Visit www.Underwareness.com to support the cause and request FREE samples of Depend Silhouette Active Fit!