Just becasue it’s winter doesn’t mean your kids can’t be active! Since we can’t play outside because of the frigid temperature, We keep our family moving with different indoor activities. Here are a few that your kids might find fun!
- Dancing. This is E’s favorite thing to do! We just turn on the music and groove to the music. Even I join in on the fun! All you have to do is pick some tunes and then play them on the device of your choosing, whether it be an tablet, the television, computer, etc. Encourage your kids to march, bounce, shake, spin and just move!
- Games. Games like simon says, follow the leader and freeze dance are hits in our home. They get the body moving and also promote gross motor skills and allows kids to get creative!
- Indoor Sports. If you have the space, your kids can still enjoy sports like bowling. Don’t own a kid’s bowling set? Use some milk jugs as pins and a soft ball to bowl with! We also let E play “soccer” in the hallway where she is allowed to kick a soft ball around in that contained area. 😉
- Active Board Games. There are great games like Twister, Charades, Crazy Legs, etc to name a few. These indoor games can be fun for the whole family and also encourage movement.
After being active, E is usually ready for a wholesome snack. Honey Maid Go Bites are available in chocolate and vanilla flavors and the perfect snack for my active kiddo. These crispy graham pockets are filled with delicious ingredients, and made with 7g of whole grains and 5g of protein per serving.
Not only do Honey Maid Go Bites taste great, they’re baked with whole grains, and contain no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors or colors. They’re also made with real honey!
You might find it interesting that recent data revealed that less than 1% of children get the recommended amount of whole grains in their diets. I don’t know about you but I find this alarming! Honey Maid Go Bites provide kids with about 15% of both the recommended daily value of whole grains (48g) and protein (34g). As a parent, I appreciate that Honey Maid’s wholesome products are made with whole grains and real honey!
E really enjoys Honey Maid Go Bites and they have become a wholesome snack staple at our house! Even I enjoy eating them!
Honey Maid Go Bites are available at retailers nationwide and retail $4.19 per box.
How do you keep your kids active in the winter months? Have your kids tried new Honey Maid Go Bites yet?
1. Krebs-Smith SM, Guenther PM, Subar AF, Kirkpatrick DI, Dodd KW. Americans do not meet federal dietary recommendations. J Nutr. 2010;140:1832-1838.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.