Have you heard?! VeggieTales in the House starts streaming on Netflix on November 26th!
Bob the Tomato, Larry the Cucumber, and their veggie friends in this faith based series have a fun new look and new adventures that the whole family is sure to enjoy! With the new series you can expect lots of laughs, moral values and of course catchy, original songs that your kids will be singing along to!
Because we are so excited about VeggieTales in the House, E and I worked on a fun project for can be adjusted to fit the needs of kids that are any age or stage!
- Construction paper (red, green, and white)
- Glue stick
- Traceable Bob and Larry cut-outs (I drew our Bob and Larry free hand but you can always trace them. There are multiple printables available online that you can use as stencils.)
- As mentioned above, I drew Bob, Larry and their features free hand but you can always use printables which can be cut out and then traced onto construction paper. Parts that will need to be traced include Bob (tomato shape), Larry (cucumber shape), 2 sets of eyes and 2 noses.
- Once traced, you or your child can cut out the shapes traced onto the construction paper.
- Next, Paste veggie shapes on to white construction as seen in the photo above. Then paste the eyes and a nose on to each veggie.
- Lastly, draw on other features and let your kids get creative!
Again, this project can be adjusted for each age. If your child preschooler like E, You can cut out the pieces and have your little one paste them on the paper. Older children should be able to cut out the pieces but I reccomened under adult supervision. Not only does this type of project encourage creativity, it promotes the use of fine motor skills!
This month we are celebrating “Friendsgiving” and dynamic duos like Bob and Larry with Netflix! Below you will find a great list of other “dynamic duo” titles to stream on Netflix. These titles demonstrate the value of all types of friendships and there is something for everyone in the family!
- Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
- Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
- Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
- Justin and Olive: Justin Time
- Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
- 6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
- Phineas and Ferb
- Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Vada and Thomas: My Girl
- Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
- Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
- Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
- Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
And for the adults:
- Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
- Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
- Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
- Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
- Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
- Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
- Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
Who is your favorite dynamic duo from TV or Movies? Are your kids looking forward to streaming VeggieTales in the House?
Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of the Netflix #StreamTeam and was provided with a product and service in order to facilitate my post. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”